At our Bentleigh East dental clinic, we help patients to improve their smiles every day, getting the straighter, whiter smile they’ve always wanted. One of the best ways to provide this service is invisible braces – a straighter smile without wearing metal gear.lace front wigs human hair jerseys nfl custom basketball jersey best sex toys for women nike air max sc chicago bears nfl wigs sale custom jerseys football nike air max 90 futura best wigs for white women best sex toys for couples adult sex toys best wig outlet nike air jordan 6 retro custom hockey jersey
How long will it take to straighten your teeth with invisible braces?
Keep reading as we explore what invisible braces are, how the process works, and how long the treatment typically takes.
What Are Invisible Braces?
Invisible braces are an alternative to traditional, modern braces. They offer straighter teeth for those who do not wish to wear metal gear. Many patients believe that standard braces are only for young people, which makes them embarrassed to correct their teeth in later life. Luckily, invisible braces provide a discreet solution, allowing patients to avoid drastic or noticeable changes in the process.
When you opt for invisible braces treatment, your dentist will take a cast of your teeth. Once they have done this, they will design a series of aligners intended to shift the position of your teeth slowly. You receive a new set of aligners every few weeks until your treatment is done.
Dentists recommend this treatment for those with minor flaws in their smile. For more significant alterations, your dentist might recommend braces.
Why Choose Invisible Braces?
Before making your decision, you should know about the benefits of invisible braces. Below are all the things you’ll benefit from after choosing the invisible brace treatment.
Once you’ve finished your Invisalign braces treatment, you will have straighter teeth. Improving your smile confidence will have a positive effect on your overall confidence. 60% of people admitted feeling happier once they had straightened their teeth, and Invisalign braces are the most convenient way to achieve an aligned smile.
When you wear invisible aligners, you can take them out at any time. This allows you to brush your teeth more easily. With regular braces, you must take extra care to brush your teeth and access the gaps between the metalwork. Having the ability to remove your aligners makes this process immeasurably easier.
If you choose standard braces, your dentist will recommend that you steer clear of certain foods. You will not be able to consume any foods that will stain your braces or any foods that will get stuck in the metalwork of your braces. With invisible aligners, you can simply take out your aligner and eat whatever you like without worrying about the damage. Although you can eat as you normally would, it’s probably best to avoid overly coloured foods, as these may still stain the aligner if you do not rinse your mouth or brush your teeth before repositioning.
You don’t need to worry about anyone knowing you’re having your teeth straightened. With an invisible brace treatment, it’s difficult to tell you’re having treatment until your teeth are straighter and tidier in your mouth.
How Long Will Your Invisible Braces Treatment Take?
Your invisible braces treatment will take between 12 and 18 months, and sometimes longer if your teeth need more correction. With traditional braces, your correction could take up to 24 months.
How To Get The Most Out Of Your Treatment
You can follow some best practices to get the most out of your invisible brace treatment. Consider following these tips during your treatment to get the best results:
- Leave your aligners in – you should take them out for at most 2 hours per day. Otherwise, your teeth will start moving back to their original position, which could delay your treatment.
- Avoid staining foods – if you eat a brightly coloured curry during your treatment, it’s best to thoroughly brush your teeth before placing your aligners back into your mouth. Otherwise, you might walk around for a few weeks with slightly orange aligners. You should perform this process when you eat or drink any strongly coloured foods and beverages.
- Wash your aligners – you must wash your aligners regularly to remove any bacteria. Your dentist will provide you with a cleaning solution for your aligners. Place your aligners in the solution daily to get rid of any residual bacteria, as this could affect your oral health and cause your teeth to become stained and damage your enamel.
- Visit your dentist regularly – if the condition of your teeth worsens during your treatment, you won’t enjoy a perfect smile once it’s done. So, go to your Bentleigh East dentist for regular teeth cleaning appointments and checkups throughout your treatment.
- Opt for teeth whitening – if you want to maximise the appearance of your smile at the end of the treatment, you can opt for teeth whitening. You can lighten your teeth by several shades to ensure a bright, fresh, straight smile.
- Quit smoking – smoking causes damage and staining to your teeth. Quit smoking if you want to get the most out of your treatment. Plus, quitting will have amazing benefits for your health and quality of life.
- Correct the shape of your teeth – your dentist can use composite bonding on your teeth once the treatment is finished to ensure all of your teeth are the same length, creating an even more perfect smile! Composite bonding also has a lightening effect on your teeth.
If you want to improve your confidence in the coming year, Invisalign braces are the way to go. You can complete your treatment in as little as a year and get the smile you’ve always wanted. To learn more about Invisalign treatment and any other cosmetic dental procedures, you can use to improve your confidence, reach out to our friendly and helpful team here at Verve Dental!