As a dental health practitioner, I often notice that patients come in when they detect an issue with their dental health rather than taking steps to prevent it.nike air max 270 women’s sale shop nfl jerseys nike women’s air max 270 white shoes stores nike air max 270 men’s stores jordan 1 for sale custom baseball jerseys nike air max 90 mens on sale curly wigs new style wigs custom jersey custom jerseys custom jersey best male sex toy adidas yeezys adidas yeezy 500
When patients practise preventative care alongside their dentist, they are more likely to spot issues with their dental health before they develop into something more significant. Keep reading to learn more about the preventative measures we practice with our patients at Verve Dental and the benefits of these.
What Is Preventative Care?
Preventative care is a practice in dentistry that can benefit every patient, no matter their quantity of teeth. Preventative measures can also help identify symptoms of mouth cancer and denture stomatitis, among other conditions.
Preventative care aims to help patients keep their teeth and avoid procedures down the line. It allows patients to keep their mouths healthy by working with their dentist to form strategies for their course of treatment and oral hygiene habits.
Usually, preventative care involves:
- Regular teeth cleaning to remove the buildup of tartar and plaque, and clean hard-to-reach areas in the mouth.
- Instructions on brushing your teeth and practicing oral hygiene more effectively at home.
- A recommendation of the best products tailored to meet your needs.
- Discussions with your dentist about your diet and any habits like drinking and smoking that could be affecting your teeth.
- Ensuring that your fillings are still in working order and that there are no rough edges that could potentially make cleaning difficult.
What Preventative Care Treatments Are Recommended?
Preventative care treatments are designed to spot issues with the teeth and solve them before the tooth breaks or is damaged. The treatments recommended to strengthen teeth include fillings and crown overlays that help coat and protect a damaged tooth to prevent breakage. Taking these preventative measures makes the patient more likely to keep their tooth in good condition and avoid breakage, which can be more problematic to treat with emergency procedures.
What Can You Do At Home?
You can do many things at home to ensure you maintain your oral health and help your dentist keep your mouth in good shape. Some of these include:
- Changing your diet to avoid foods like sugar that cause plaque to build up.
- Brushing regularly without rinsing – this ensures the fluoride in the toothpaste stays on your teeth for longer.
- Flossing daily – brushing can only account for around 60% of the tooth’s surface.
- Using mouthwash – mouthwash helps your breath stay fresh and works to prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
Benefits Of Preventative Care Treatments
When you practice preventative care with your Bentleigh East dentist, you will benefit in the following ways:
- You will be less likely to lose teeth.
- You can spot mouth cancer and gum disease early.
- You will have your plaque and tartar removed to keep your teeth healthy.
- You will be equipped with more knowledge on practising better oral hygiene and taking a proactive and independent approach to your oral health.
Preventative care is the key to keeping your mouth healthy and making your teeth last. Preventing an issue from occurring is always preferable to correcting a problem down the line. As long as you practice preventative care with your dentist, you should be able to retain your natural teeth and take more accountability for your oral health.
Contact Verve Dental today to discuss any preventative dental care techniques with our specialists.